“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” (Deuteronomy 6:5-7)
Are you ready for an adventure? Here at River’s Edge we are all about joyfully chasing after Jesus together as families and equipping parents (and caregivers) to be influential in the spiritual lives of their kids.
- LIFE GROUPS — Prioritize your own personal discipleship.
- FAMILY NIGHTS & EVENTS — Journey and grow together as a family alongside other families.
- FAMILY DISCIPLESHIP — Bring it home in ways that are compelling, memorable, and integrated in the rhythms of your everyday life.
*** Download our 2019-2020 Family Ministry Calendar today! ***
Upcoming Family Activities:
- A Sunday at the Ballpark - September 1 @ 5:05 PM (first pitch)
- Bring the whole family out for a fun-filled evening at Raley Field. Players will be available for autographs pregame and after the game the kids can run the bases!
- Tickets: $10 for Home Run Hill, $15 for Assembly Seating on the shady third base line
- Family Nights - first and third Thursdays of the month @ 6:30 - 8 PM in the Sanctuary and Kids Worship Center
- Join us twice a month for a fun night of games, exploring of Scripture, and wrestling with how God's word speaks to us as families. The evening is a mix of family fun and age-appropriate breakouts. Come be part of the adventure!
- Kicks off September 5th. Download our 2019-2020 Calendar for more details!
- Topic: The Parables of Jesus
Family-Friendly Life Groups:
- Sunday Morning Bible Study (every week; drop in)
- Sunday mornings @ 9:00 AM in the Hosea Room (REC Kids Worship Center)
- Drop your kids off in Kids' Worship and join us every Sunday for games, fellowship, and Bible study.
- Leaders: Matt Brigham & Ryan White
- Topic: The Book of Ruth
- Moms Life Group
- Monday nights @ 7:30 - 9:00 PM (East Sacramento)
- 6 sessions (Oct. 7, 14, & 21; Nov. 4, 11, & 18)
- Leader: Heather Huffman
- Topic: Jesus' Encounters with Women
- "Moms in Prayer" Play Group (2nd & 4th Wednesdays; bring your little ones)
- Wednesday mornings @ 9:00 -11:00 AM in the White/Harrell Home (Laguna)
- Leaders: Brianna White & Katie Harrell
- Topic: Prayer & Devotional
- Men's Discipleship Group (every other week)
- Wednesday nights @ 7:30 PM at Starbucks in Delta Shores
- Leader: Ryan White
- Topic: Book Discussion, This Strange and Sacred Scripture by Matthew Schlimm
- Men's Pick Up Basketball (weekly)
- Thursday or Friday nights @ 7:00 PM at Z'berg Park (7423 Alma Vista Way, Sacramento, CA 95831)
- Coordinator: Trevor Stewart
To investigate further the biblical foundation of our vision, download our Bible study guide titled "A Biblical Vision for Family Discipleship."
For more info or to get involved, contact Pastor Ryan White (firstname.lastname@example.org).